SCCS welcomes applications from qualified teachers for posted teaching opportunities at our School. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and we invest in our teachers through a variety of professional development opportunities.
Santa Cruz Cooperative School (SCCS) is located in Santa Cruz, the most populated as well as the fastest growing city in Bolivia with approximately 1,750,000 habitants. The current student population of SCCS is 705 students and 425 associates (or families). The language of instruction is English, other than in our PreK-12 Spanish language program. The school has a strong and proud community with many alumni becoming teachers and parents. We proudly state that “once a jaguar, always a jaguar.”
The school is situated on an eight-acre campus and consists of an elementary school, a secondary school, covered patio areas, a modern library with computers, a gymnasium, four science labs, a cafeteria, a performing arts center, and four computer laboratories. The school has an outstanding cafeteria service and a medical doctor on campus during the daytime for emergencies.
To apply, send a letter explaining your interest in the position, your resume, your academic transcript, and the names of three references with contact numbers or email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org. SCCS works with Search Associates and AMISA as recruiting partners.
The School always accepts requests for substitute teachers, short-term replacements and assistant teachers.
An SCCS teacher is a…
- Take risks in the classroom that are based on new learning about best-practices
- Use date to reflect on what is working and what needs to be changed
- Celebrate successes
- Have students reflect on their own strengths and areas of improvement
- Meet regularly with colleagues to plan and understand student needs
- Participate in PLCs and Department Meetings
- Participate in learning walks
- Work as a team to meet diverse student needs
- Find and share new ideas
- Participate in ongoing professional learning
- Model academic risk-taking and celebrate mistakes
- Models and implement different learning styles
- Implement new technology that enhances instruction
- Use a variety of resources to meet students needs
- Develop strong relationships with students and community
- Include student voice and choice
- Full proficiency in the English language
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university; over 50% of our faculty members hold advanced degrees
- At least three years’ experience in a comparable educational setting
- Willingness and ability to coach and advise after-school sports and activities
- Commitment to participation in being a lifelong learner
Santa Cruz, Bolivia is a developing city with a quickly modernizing feel. Bolivia is a safe country with friendly people and a social culture. It has been described as a diamond in the rough, with beautiful nature and adventures all around.
This comparative cost of living tool may be used to compare the cost of living in Santa Cruz to where you are currently living.
Review our current open positions below.
The Elementary Principal, seen at SCCS as a Learning Leader, leads all aspects of learning and teaching, and manages the resources required to achieve our learning goals. The practical tasks associated with the role are described here.
When will this work begin?
We are looking for a commitment of at least 2-3 years, commencing as early as possible, with an ideal start date of October 2023.
Who will fill this role?
Clearly this is an opportunity for a well-qualified, experienced individual who is passionate about leading in a collaborative environment rooted in inquiry-based practice. It is ideal for someone that aligns with our mission and vision and is ready to support teachers to keep doing the great work that they are doing.
How will I be compensated?
SCCS offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the position.
What do I need to do now?
Candidates are asked to submit the required materials as early as possible as SCCS reserves the right to close the selection process AT ANY TIME if the right candidate is found. The review of applications begins as applications are received.
Candidates should send the information listed below in a single PDF file (not to exceed (4) MB) attached to an email:
● A letter describing your interest in the Elementary School Principal
position at SCCS, highlighting your strengths as a candidate and how
your qualifications and experience align with the position profile and
the school’s areas of focus.
● A current resume not to exceed two pages.
● A one (1) page list of four (4) referees who have been your direct
supervisors, with current email addresses.
● A statement describing your leadership and educational philosophy,
not to exceed two pages.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, September 10, 2023. 6:00p.m. GMT. Applications should be sent to: Ms. Carla Alacron at email@example.com.
We will contact the current employer/supervisor to request completion of a Confidential Leadership Reference Form for all Applicants who emerge in the search as a Finalist.